FixnRev Mechanics can prolong the life of your tyres with a freewheel alignment check and regular servicing. Our highly trained technicians can be of assistance to advise you of the best solution for any steering problems.
Steering is one of the most important elements of the car and even the smallest issue can lead to a malfunctioning of the entire system. You may experience uncomfortable driving and more quick wear and tear of your tyres.
There are two common types of steering - manual steering racks and power-assisted steering racks. Both are equally prone to wear and tear and need regular maintenance and service to keep you safely on the road.
There are many signs that you can look out for to ensure that there is some malfunctioning with the steering. If you experience any vibration on the steering wheel, cannot control the car while it's being pulled into a different direction or hear an alien voice when you take a turn, make sure you book online or come to our car service centre for a check-up.
Your car steering is connected to many elements and any defect can damage them too if not taken care of. This makes it more important to quickly resolve the steering issue.
The steering system on every car requires regular maintenance to keep it at an optimum standard. The steering rack on all motor vehicles is easily knocked out of alignment by the many speed humps and potholes on the roads today. Even the smallest of the problem in steering can affect your safety, driving comfort, and lead to wear and tear of other connected parts.
On your regular check-ups, make sure you also maintain your steering health. Faulty steering may showcase the following signs - Vibrations on the steering wheel, the car being pulled in a different direction, or screeching noise when turning the wheel.
When the wheel alignment is out the range, the tyres will wear unevenly on either edge of the sidewalls.
Look out for:
● The steering wheel is off-set when the vehicle is travelling in a straight line
● The vehicle may drift or veer to the left or right
● The front tyres will wear bald or show signs of uneven wear on either edge.
Tips to keep your steering maintained
● Steering should be inspected during each periodical check-up
● Do not ignore any malfunction of the system - precise diagnostics will save you costly repairs
● Play in the steering system significantly affects the steering precision
● Check the wheel alignment to extend the useful life of your tyres and maintain the comfort of driving
● Regularly check the level of the power steering system fluid - if too low, it may cause damage to the power steering pump.
If any of these faults are present on your vehicle we strongly recommend you have your wheel alignment checked and adjusted if necessary, as soon as possible.